Plimmerton School

11 School Road
Plimmerton, Porirua 5026

PO Box 57146
Mana, Porirua 5247

04 233 8677
Email Us

2022 School Donation

The school donation is voluntary, but any donation makes a huge difference in what we can offer our students. 

Thank you again to those families who contributed last year, we are extremely grateful for your continued support. Last year your donations meant we could purchase 50 student Chromebooks, expand the catalogue of books in Te Korowai Manaaki, our new library, to engage and encourage all our readers, and provide additional reading recovery and teacher aide hours to support our students.

The school is primarily funded by the Ministry of Education. They cover our basic needs of staffing, property, and educational and administrative resources. There is very little scope for cost savings or redirecting ministry funding to cover any extras. Any additional resources are over to us. 

As you are aware, COVID has had a significant effect on our PTA being able to fundraise. COVID will impact these efforts again this year, so we have had to cut back on teacher aide time and technology replacement to balance our budget.  That means donations this year are even more important to our school, and the greater the generosity, the more we can offer our students.

In 2019 the government announced a policy to fund decile 1-7 schools $150 per student if schools didn’t ask their parents for a donation. This policy is currently not available to us as we are a decile 10 school. 

In line with the government donation scheme the suggested donation this year is $150 per student. As it is a donation the amount is up to you and voluntary. If this amount is a stretch feel free to adjust it accordingly. At the same time if you feel you could contribute more, please also feel free to adjust the amount. The school office will generate a tax receipt for any donation amount of which you can then claim 1/3 back from the IRD. 

Payment Options 

Payments can be made:

• At the school office via Eftpos or credit card

• By direct credit to the school bank account.  Please clearly state your child’s surname, DONATION, and your 4 digit parent account number. Plimmerton School Board of Trustees:  12-3478-0062343-00

• Alternatively, please complete the School Donations form on our school website to request payment of the donation via your parent account – you can then pay this off over the next few weeks.