Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees currently consists of five members elected by parents of children attending the school, the principal, a staff representative, a co-opted tangata whenua representative and a co-opted parent with specialist skills in HR and learning behaviour. The term of office for the Board of Trustees is for a period of three years with the next election in 2022.
The Board of Trustees is responsible for governing the school by providing strategic leadership in:
- development and ongoing review of the school charter
- monitoring and reviewing our school’s progress
- putting in place a policy framework
- employing the principal
- managing assets
- ensuring our school’s legal compliance
- implementing the National Education Guidelines
The principal is responsible for the day to day management of the school.
Board of Trustees meetings are usually held every 3rd and 8th week of the term at 7.00pm in the staffroom. The date and venue are advertised in the school newsletter. Parents and caregivers are welcome to attend these meetings.