Plimmerton School

Plimmerton School
11 School Road
Plimmerton
PORIRUA 5026
Phone 04 233 8677

Email Us

LOGO.png

Plimmerton School BYOC for 2018

Our vision at Plimmerton School is "to provide a learning environment that prepares children for life”. As part of that vision we are committed to developing our students’ digital competence that is a necessity for their future.

A learner-centred curriculum that includes 1:1 digital devices supports greater flexibility in learning pathways, empowering students to learn in a more personalised way with increased control over their own learning. This can help students engage more deeply in their learning, expand opportunities for collaboration and problem-solving, and lift their achievement.

At Plimmerton School we are moving towards greater integration of ICT across the curriculum allowing students to learn, create, share, and collaborate anywhere, at any time. This enables students to personalise their learning experience.

We will be continuing a BYOD strategy, similar to the one we have been operating since 2015, to ensure 1:1 access for our students.

Changes for 2018

From next year we will be making some significant changes to the School’s BYOD policy. These changes are designed to give more students access to the benefits of having their own device, provide the option for better security at school and home, and provide a better value option for parents.

Key changes:

More information about the use of the management console can be found at this link.

Purchasing your BYO Chromebook

The Norrcom purchasing portal is available from the link on this page. There are three devices that are robust, fit for purpose and good value. The current cost for the devices is between $305 and $327 excluding gst. There will also be options for:

Chromebooks ordered before Friday 1st December will be delivered to school and available for collection before the end of the school year.

Chromebooks ordered in December and January will be available during the first 2 weeks of school.

Devices used for BYOD in 2017

There will be some students who have used their own device in 2017, that is not a chromebook as specified for 2018. These students can continue to use the device they purchased in 2017 for the remainder of their time at the school. We are not expecting parents to go out and buy another device! If your child has been bringing a chromebook to school, we can arrange for the Chrome management console to be added, for a one-off charge of approximately $43 +gst.